Our services are geared towards young people (16+) and adults on the autism spectrum. Referrals are accepted from both General Practitioners and other Medical Specialists.
We offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary assessments for autism spectrum disorder that are tailored to the needs of individuals aged 16 years and over.
Who We See
Our core business is the mental health care of adults (16+) with autism, but we cater to people whose mental health problems co-occur with other neurological and neurodevelopmental conditions such as epilepsy, Tourette syndrome, Parkinson disease and brain injury. We work collaboratively with your GP and other health professionals to keep your physical and mental health care integrated.
Amongst other conditions, our clinicians offer treatment for mood and anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), gender dysphoria and psychotherapy.
What We Do
Spectrum offers a broad range of clinical services including:
- Comprehensive psychiatric assessment and management with a Psychiatrist or senior Mental Health Nurse
- Neuro-navigated repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) and deep transcranial magnetic stimulation (dTMS) in partnership with Modalis
- Ambulatory (home-based) transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS)
- Structured neuropsychological assessment for intellectual disability, learning disorder, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and major neurocognitive disorder
- Occupational therapy (OT) functional assessments and sensory profiles
- Individual psychotherapy drawing on a range of interventions to support improved emotional regulation, interpersonal communication and independent living skills
- Novel group therapies including our therapeutic Dungeons and Dragons programme and a social intervention programme using the game of GO in partnership with Institute 361
Assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
We aim to go beyond just diagnosis and offer a comprehensive assessment, formulation and management plan to meaningfully improve the quality of life of the people we see.
Our multidisciplinary process involves both structured and semi-structured assessments by a team of experienced clinicians over several visits. In most cases, you will attend a thorough initial assessment with a Psychiatrist who will schedule subsequent assessment appointments with a Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Neuropsychologist or Occupational Therapist. Afterwards, our team meets to synthesise the information gathered and arrive at a formal clinical diagnosis.
A comprehensive report including therapeutic recommendations is reviewed at a face-to-face feedback session with your Psychiatrist, and copies are provided to you in both electronic and printed formats.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes experienced clinicians with post-graduate qualifications in Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health Nursing and Counseling.
We have collective experience in the integrated provision of medical treatments, neurostimulation, cognitive-behaviour therapy (CBT), mindfulness-based psychotherapy (MBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), schema therapy, trauma-informed psychotherapy, eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR), supportive psychotherapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy.
Our additional expertise lies in the tailored clinical adaptation of these modalities to clients who are neurodivergent.